Monday, September 22, 2014

"Make sure you step on Satan's face on your way out the door." - Soeur Hosking






Pictures: Soeur Hafen,  back to Liege, an invincible summer, Soeur Hosking (matching dresses!!!!!)

This week was...exhausting, yet exhilarating at the same time. 

My body is so tired, but God is seriously carrying me through.  I saw miracles EVERY DAY this week.  He even gave me a companion who loves giving back massages!  He is with me every step of the way.  I feel Him next to me.

 "Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein weknow them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—" Doctrine and Covenants 123:13

But it is all worth it because I am "bringing to light all the hidden things."  There is nothing more important than this.  This was the best decision I ever made... to be a messenger.

This week I had two awesome exchanges.  The first was with Soeur Hafen.  She is from Michigan.  We saw incredible things together.  The best was when we taught this lady in the street and she accepted a Book of Mormon.  I noticed there were two people hanging around behind us...after we started to walk away, they approached us and asked us if we were lost.  The pointed us in the right direction and then just stood there...  They asked if we were preaching the word of Christ.  Turns out the Elders had found them a few months ago and promised to send the Soeurs... they never did.  They said, "we saw you over there and thought, those must be the Soeurs!"  So yeah, we have two new friends!  They let us into their home and we taught them a lesson and prayed with them!
 
Then I had my last exchange...with Soeur Hosking!!!!!!!  She was trained by the one and only Soeur Johns!  It was an incredible exchange!  We taught the Restoration to this girl named Nayolie.  She really felt the Spirit and asked great questions.   

Soeur Hosking should go into motivational speaking.  She is seriously inspiring.  She's the one who told me to "Make sure you step on Satan's face on your way out the door."(aka finish strong)  I really learned a lot from our exchange...  It just the perfect way to end my STL run.

THEN the best part,  I got to take her back to Liège!!!  It was so surreal to walk those streets and to ride the bus and see the apartment.  Everything was the same, yet so different.  I was just knocked over by a flood of memories and emotions... I realized that Liege was pretty much the same...but that I was different.  I can't believe how much I've changed... What a blessing.

Then the weekend.  All this running around this transfer with exchanges and what not finally caught up with us...Soeur Whisler and I both got really sick.  It hurt to walk, and everything got dizzy when we went outside.  But God helped us!  We tried our best to get the necessary rest, but we also tried to work.  And God just sent people to us... We even had a member's daughter tell us she is ready for baptism!

This sunday we had two amis at church.  One of which was muslim and we got to give her an Arabic Book of Mormon...so cool.  Also, I'm giving ANOTHER talk this next Sunday.  Two in the same transfer!

Well, it was another great week on the mission!

Talk to you soon:)

1 comment: