Tuesday, September 16, 2014

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7



This week was crazy, as usual.  We kicked it off with zone conference.  The most I've ever done in a zone conference before was lead everyone in the mission song, but this last week Soeur Whisler and I gave a 40 minute formation about teaching with the scriptures, I gave my dying testimony (I was the only one too!) and then I played my violin for the musical number.  It all went really well, but man was I stressed right before!

Then I headed straight off to Villen d'Ascq for an exchange with Soeur Tane (a tahitien!)  Then the next day Soeur Bennion and I came up to Brussels for our exchange.  She is incredible.  We had a marvelous redhead exchange (yes she's a ginger too) together and really learned a lot from each other and met some cool people and taught lessons in the street...so awesome.

Then this weekend was pretty crazy... we did some service so we ended getting to wear jeans...it was so strange...haha.

But the best thing was today for p day the senior couple here took us to the gorgeous park to the site where Belgium was dedicated by Elder Holland.  It felt like the sacred grove.  It was these three giant stone in the middle of a clearing lead to by 12 paths...symbolic?  Then we read the dedicatory prayer together.  It was a really amazing moment.  It really helped me remember why I'm here and that what I'm doing really matters... And just the potential of the church here in Belgium...

Anyways I chose 2 Timothy 1:7 today because Soeur Whisler and I have been talking about fear lately.  And how if we have the gospel in our lives we have no need to fear.  Perfect love casteth out all fear.  We don't need to worry about our futures or if everything is really going to work out in the end.  God LOVES us and if we trust him and his plan, EVERYTHING will work together for our good... there isn't a more beautiful message than that.  And I have the pleasure and blessing to share that with everyone I meet, everyday...

Well everyone, I love you! Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment