Monday, September 8, 2014

"God is so good. God is so good."







This was maybe one of the craziest weeks on my mission.  Like Soeur Whisler says..."everyday like we are in a movie..."  But really, Brussels is absolutely nuts.  We just walk outside and the cameras start rolling.  If they made"The District: Brussels" it would definitely be interesting. 

This week started out with...going back to Arras!!!!!!!!  It was absolutely magical.  The train pulled in and I just led Soeur Whisler to my old apartment, where I had just lived for the last six months, rang the door bell and was greeted by a giant hug from my dear daughter Soeur Liabeuf!  Then I got to meet my Granddaughter, Soeur Rasband.  She is absolutely adorable.  She's from American Fork and she's already an amazing missionary.  Our exchange together was a dream.  The Lord blessed us with some crazy miracles.  I am just so grateful that I got an extra day as a missionary in my beloved Arras.

When I got there Soeur Liabeuf handed me a stack of books and said they were for me!  They were from Isabelle and Jean-Pierre.  They had even wrote me a touching dedication in the front.  I'm so excited to read them.  Then for dinner we went to the Engelen's home and, frère Engelen, who's from Bruxelles, told me all about how the quartier where the Soeurs live is dangerous...great.  Good thing we have special missionary protection.  Then the next day Soeur Rasband and I did some contacting and met a woman named Christine.  She started out pretty defensive, but quickly invited us in and we taught her and two of her friends!  She accepted a Book of Mormon and a return appointment.  Then we went to the Marechal's home and she had invited her neighbor over at the last minute.  She isn't believing at all, but her baby grandson is really really ill.  So we prayed for him.  The Spirit was really strong and she ended up agreeing to try and pray and even asked some questions that led to a discussion about the plan of salvation...It was amazing.  I am so happy that I was able to go back to Arras and spend the day with Soeur Rasband, she's soooo great.  So yeah, of course we took some 3 generation photos!

Then on Friday we had the baptism of Steve and Gabriel Kwenge!  I LOVE BAPTISMS.  This one was really really special.  Those two boys have just won my heart.  They have such a deep and sincere faith in Jesus Christ and they will do great things.  I am so happy to have been a part of all of this...  haha but it's been such a comedy of errors getting them to this point.  Their mom Patricia is always like at least an hour late to everything...including their baptism... and then to top it off the water was FREEZING.  Oh well, the spirit warmed them right up afterwards.

Sunday was full of miracles too!  We had our ami Anastasia show up to church...we didn't even know she was coming!  She LOVED it.  We had a little lesson with her afterwards and she prayed for like a good ten minutes, thanking God for leading us to each other.  She even called us 'prophetesses." haha.  AND we finally got Fujiko a Book of Mormon in Japanese!

Well, for those of you who know me well...you know that I talk in my sleep.  Soeur Whisler said that the night of the baptism I said in my sleep, "God is so good.  God is SO good."  And that came from the heart people.  God is really so good.  I love this gospel and I love my mission!  God loves us all, let's share this love with everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment