Monday, April 7, 2014

Why seek ye the living among the dead?












Hello everyone!  I hope you all enjoyed conference as much I did.  Seriously, Conference is like Christmas for missionaries:)  The spirit was so powerful and I really felt inspired and comforted.  There were some powerful talks.
I especially loved Elder Scott's talk.  He talked about how the love of his grandmother and his then future wife Jeanine really shaped the course of his life.  From his talk, and also, like, the entire general women's conference, I really got the message of our responsibility for others.  We can make such a difference!  In very small ways... just everyday love and kindness.

I also watched Elder Oak's talk on the Priesthood... if you haven't seen it go watch it!  It really made me think about the role of women and also my calling.
Haha, Elder Anderson's talk made me think of Evan, when he said, "To God, you are more precious than a tree!"
Well, I could just go on and on about conference...but I don't have time actually.  My favorite talk, however was Elder Christoffersen's.  He talked about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  He talked about how if that event really took place, then everything else in the gospel is true, and that our hope of immortality and eternal life is a real thing.  Right now in the mission we are really focusing on the Resurrection because Easter is coming up here soon.  We are focusing all our messages on Easter, when we street contact, when we go door to door and in our lessons.  It.is.incredible.  There is something really powerful about an entire mission focusing on the same thing at the same time... and we are seeing miracles!  I know that Christ has broken the bands of death, and that we will all live again.  Death is not the end.  We are eternal beings...no wonder we hate endings so much.  But with faith in Christ there are NO ENDINGS.  Just hope, progression and eternal life.  I love it when the apostles bear their testimonies of Christ...it's so powerful...they just KNOW.
Anyways, I hope you all have a great week!  And if you didn't get a chance to watch conference, do it!  It's so worth it!
P.S.  This last Thursday was my year mark!  Happy mission birthday to me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment