Thursday, March 6, 2014

Goodbye Liege...








Well I guess all good things have to come to an end...but I don't want this one to.  When I told Kelly the news she just groaned for a long time and said, "I'm not happy at all.  I am depressed."  haha, Kelly is kind of dramatic.  I was pretty sure I was leaving so I bore my testimony in both branches yesterday and said thank you and goodbye to everyone.  Seriously, six months is too long in a ville, the members get to attached to you and you get way to attached to the ville!  Aurica and Kelly almost suffocated me with hugs and I got bisoused (kissed) more times than I can even keep track of...I am really really going to miss Liege, but my work here is done.  We worked so hard that ... drum roll please ... THEY ARE SPLITING THE VILLE!  There's just too much to do for only two soeurs!  I really put my heart into this place, working even though I was exhausted most of the time (sickness).  I have been so so so richly blessed because of it.  I can't even tell you how much I love this place...they may have to come and drag me out of here.  I really saw the work here explode.  Liege is truly a miracle.  I'm so excited for there to be four sisters here!!

Well you are probably all wondering where I'm going.  I am going...back to France!  To a city called Arras.  My new companion's name is Soeur Tupai.  All I know is that she is from Taihti and she is suuuuper nice!  We actually got a letter from her last week and it was adorable.  The thought passed through my mind that maybe we would be companions, and here we are.  I've also only heard good things about Arras.  So here I go, onto the next adventure!

My last week in Rennes was absolutely incredible.  Everything seemed to just fall into place and there were so many miracles.  I didn't think I could live a more beautiful week...until this last one.  This week was perfect.
First of all, do you remember Rita from Remicourt?  Well she dropped us a little while ago.  I was so sad about it because I just loved her so much.  Well, I called her and she didn't answer so I left a message saying I was leaving.  She called back and immediately invited us over.  I don't think I've ever lived a more beautiful moment... we talked about our Savior and I played "I know that my Redeemer lives."  I just told her that this is why I love my mission, I get to share Christ's love with others every day.  She said that she would never forget this day.  Today I got this email from her:

CHERE SOEUR HILTON,
JUSTE CE PETIT MAIL, POUR VOUS DIRE " MERCI " ET PAR AILLEURS TRES EMUE PAR CES MOMENTS DE BONHEUR ET DONT L INTENSITE COURONNEE PAR CE MAGNIFIQUE CADEAU QUI EST GRAVE DANS LE PLUS PROFOND DE MON COEUR.
QUE CE VOYAGE SOIT LE PLUS AGREABLE .
TOUTES MES PENSEES LES PLUS POSITIVES, A BIENTOT
AFFECTUEUSEMENT. RITA 
Seriously, I just love her. (pop that into google translate, i don't have time to translate it now).

We also had probably one of the biggest miracles of my mission this week.  We found out on Tuesday that there was a member family that just got here from Africa (refugees) and that they had been trying to find the church for awhile with no luck.  President Lucena gave us their number and I called that night.  I've heard anyone so happy to be on the phone with me!  We set up a time to go see them the next day.  We took an hour bus ride to a tiny village named Tinlot and found this amazing family. They had been trying to find the church for three months!  Frere Belanwa said he called the church phone 10 times every sunday morning with no luck.  They were visited by the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Catholics, and many other churches but they said, "No we have a church, and we know that one day our President will come."  Yesterday they were able to come to church, with no small amount of difficulties and take the sacrament.  I've never seen a happier group of saints.  Frere Belanwa bore his testimony, saying now he knows what it means to be thirsty...thirsty for living water. He even sang, "i need thee every hour."  It was a really beautiful experience.

There were so many other amazing things that happened this week.  Amis who came back, Kelly being welcomed into Liege 2, Joycely getting her interview to go to the temple this weekend and so many more... I just have an overwhelming feeling of acceptance...like the Lord is telling me "well done."  I can leave now.  Not that I want to.  I am so, just, honored I guess.  That I was able to spend six incredible months here.  That God trusted me with his children and that he blessed me to see and live so many great moments.  I LOVE YOU LIEGE.  I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU.
Sorry for the drama, it's just how I feel.

Tune in next week for Soeur Hilton's return to France!

No comments:

Post a Comment