Monday, October 7, 2013

God Speaks

So...this week has been so good!  Let's just start out with the best part--General Conference.  Wasn't it remarkable?  I thought that David M. McConkie's statement about how the message of the Restoration can be summed up into two words, "GOD SPEAKS," exactly expresses my feelings about conference.  I loved how Elder Hales started out the conference by reminding us that these talks are inspired by our Heavenly Father himself.  Before conference I wrote down a really long list with all the questions I had about the gospel, our amis (investigators), and about life in general, and had a prayer in my heart that they would be answered, and they were, "God spoke" to me.  General Conference really was the words of God...how beautiful is that?


So this last Tuesday we had our multi-zone conference in Brussels.  It was a six-hour spiritual feast... but I fell down while running the day before and I couldn't turn my neck, it was painful.  We had to cancel our exchange with the sister training leaders.  Which actually ended up being better because we took all of the awesome spiritual energy from zone conference right back to Liege.  We had specific answers to prayers about our amis during the conference...it was amazing...  Also, since our 100 baptism goal is over, we ended up with 115, President Pozanaski revealed our new mission goal --- for each equipe to baptize ONE FAMILY BEFORE CHRISTMAS as a "Cadeau (gift) pour le Christ."  I know that this was an inspired goal, and that each equipe can find, teach, and baptize a family.  But it's going to take a lot of faith, prayer, and most importantly action.  I'd love it if all of you could pray for this.  The church here needs families to support and strengthen the saints of France and Belgium.  The fact that this is an inspired goal was reconfirmed to me during conference during Elder Ballard's talk when he said:

"If every member, young and old, will reach out to just “one” between now and Christmas, millions will feel the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. What a wonderful gift to the Savior." 

This isn't just for the missionaries!  It's for everyone:) But, as my President Pozananski reminded us, "a goal without a plan is just a wish."  Which is why S. Gifford Nielson's talk was so inspired, presenting a "game plan." 1. specifically pray to bring someone closer to the Savior, 2. pray for the missionaries and investigators by name (a family in our ward definitely called us about a week ago to do just that), 3. Invite a friend to an activity.  I have really learned a lot about faith on my mission.  It is not just belief and prayer, but action.  Acting as though what you asked for will happen, and through experience I know that if it's God's will it will happen!  As my companion so eloquently stated "you can make things happen with faith...it's kind of like...magic." haha, but really.  I have a testimony of that.  I don't remember who said this in conference, but something along the lines of, "it takes living the word of wisdom (or any principle) to gain a testimony of it."  I think that may be one of the most important reasons we are here on earth --- to learn for ourselves.  We couldn't learn faith when living in the presence of our Father, just like we can't learn patience if everything is handed to us...etc...it's all about progression.  I've been thinking about that a lot.  About our experiences on earth, the power of faith etc.  This stuff is real and powerful and isn't just a nice thing for everyone else, it is possible for everyone.

Sorry about the rambling, that was kind of a Hermana Hilton paragraph :) but less profound, haha.  Anyways other happenings in Liege... There is a GIANT FAIR right in front of my apartment.  Over the next month millions of Europeans will be passing through Liege to enjoy Croustillions, Lacements, Gauffes (Liegeois, Bruxelles), Frites, Pâtes, etc.  There are some giant rides, including a huge Ferris Wheel!  After Conference on Saturday some members took us home, but it was only 8:30, so Sr Johns and I went and checked out opening night!  We found some incredibly delicious food...  And today for P-day we went back... this is going to be an awesome month!  Litterally- RIGHT IN FRONT of our apartment.  like we get off the elevator and walk into the Fair.  Best time to be a missionary in Liege! Vive la Foire! (long live the fair)

That's about it for this week!  Thanks for all you support and prayers:)

No comments:

Post a Comment