Monday, August 19, 2013

1 Kings 19:12 "And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice."


This week I'd like to talk about following the Spirit.  Our traing last week was all about the spirit, it was amazing--how to recognize it, why we should follow it etc.

Our district leader Elder Thomas sent us a talk and I loved this quote, because this week I LIVED it this week.

President Thomas S. Monson, who said: “In the performance of our responsibilities, 
I have learned that when we heed a silent prompting and act upon it without delay, our 
Heavenly Father will guide our footsteps and bless our lives and the lives of others. I know of no 
experience more sweet or feeling more precious than to heed a prompting only to discover that 
the Lord has answered another person’s prayer through you.” 

After the training I was really pumped up to follow the spirit and see what would happen.  By the time Saturday rolled around I was feeling a little down, like I couldn't feel the Spirit.  We had been porting (tracting) all day and I really really wanted to have an impression where to go, or who to talk to, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Soeur Bitter had a definite prompting though, and we ended up talking to a cute old man.  We were then headed home, but I was still feeling uneasy.  We were starving and thirsty and tired... but the thought popped into my head to go see Fatima.  It had been awhile and she had kind of been a little snappy on the phone the last time we called.  My mind came up with tons of excuses not to go.  It would delay our dinner another hour or so, she's never there in the late afternoon, she probably doesn't want to see us...  But I felt very strongly that we should go.  So I remembered the district meeting training about following the spirit, and we decided to go pass by.  And she was there!  She seemed so happy to see us.  She said three times, "I was thinking about you today."  It was one of the best visits we've had with her!  She has started to read the Book of Mormon and we were able to set up another rendez-vous with her:)  I can't tell you how important it is to feel the spirit.  You never know what will happen, so if a good thought comes to your mind, just do it!  You may be the answer to someone's prayer, and nothing feels better than that:)

Well, I promise a longer email last week!  I love you all and I'd love to hear from you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment