Monday, July 8, 2013

Closing Prayer

Oh hello dear readers!  It's been another...um...week here in Rennes, France.  It's just amazing how unpredictable mission life is.  When I wake up in the morning I never really know how the day will turn out!  It's exciting/crazy.


Okay, I want to start out talking about Shaina.  She has stolen my heart, she is just so precious!  I'm so excited for her baptism this week.  She is such a great example to her family by deciding to get baptized.  At the young age of 8, with both of her parents non-members, she valiantly follows Christ.  Her mom, who smokes and has other problems, actually prayed in our last lesson...it was so good.  And this sweet little girl asked me to give the closing prayer at her baptism!  I feel so honored...it was so adorable when she asked.  I felt like crying afterwards.  Her interview is tomorrow and she is going to do great.  We were worried at first because when we went over the questions for the first time she didn't understand them at all.  But I made a poster with pictures on it and asked her to practice them every night with her grandma.  The next lesson she answered all the questions perfectly!  Happiness...

Lucy--her baptism is rapidly approaching as well.  We were pretty stressed out because she is really busy and cancelled our lessons a few times.  And then at church last week she someone mention the Word of Wisdom in class and she said she didn't know anything about that!  Which wasn't true according to the teaching record... We were able to get Frère Guiheux to come to her lesson though, and we went over the Word of Wisdom, Tithing and the Law of Chasity.  It took like an hour and a half!  But she understands why we have these commandments and how they will bless us.  I'm just not worried anymore.  She is so dedicated to her decision to be baptized!  It was so cute when the announced her baptism in Relief Society yesterday.  Everyone was so happy for her and she was just beaming.  She looked so beautiful!

Then there is Gladys.  She is progressing well too.  It is always nerve-racking to teach the commandments.  We are asking these people to make huge changes.  So I was nervous to teach the WoW and the Law of Chastity.  But she accepted them readily!  I need to have more faith I guess!  Gladys is just amazing.  She is so funny too.  She really really wants to have a sleepover with us.  Of course we couldn't stay.  But as we were heading out last night, Soeur Kohlert asked if there was anything else we could do for her (just as she asks every investigator/member) and Gladys said "I have a headache and you didn't do anything about it." Then Soeur Kohlert said, "well, how are we supposed to help?"  Gladys--"you can have stay here with me tonight!" haha so cute.  I'll be sad when we have to leave her:(

Those are our lovely soon-to-be-baptized amis!  We are also very excited about our new ami Loma.  We had a lesson with her this week and taught her a little bit about the plan of salvation and the gospel of Jesus Christ.  She gave the most beautiful prayer in Chinese.  She was beyond excited to come to church again and the members were so warm and friendly to her.  There was a Tahitian family that was sitting right in front of us with 9 children.  The father was soo great!  He bore a powerful testimony and then came and talked to Loma after the meeting.  He told her about how he was baptized and went on a mission.  He said she can do the same.  I don't know if she understood everything, but she was very touched by his testimony and liked the idea of being a missionary!  She is so adorable I can't stand it.  She sent us this text: "I love you! I like the church and the people. Thank you for explaining about the gold (she meant god, hehe) to me."  

Well folks that's it for this week.  Of course there are other things going on and I wish I could write about everything!  Like Marie Delacourt, Fatima and Pascal etc.  Next week I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment