Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day



 
If there is something missionaries love just as much as Christmas...It's Mother's day!  I think I liked it even more than Christmas actually!  It was so fun to see all of your faces, even though it was pretty blurry most of the time...haha.
 
This week we didn't go to Paris, so we were able to get some good work done in the sector.  The best part of the week, however, was that we got Estelle back!  Do you all remember Estelle?  She's the one we found the second day I was here in Arras and who already had a Book of Mormon (given to her by Elders some 15 years ago).  Well after she came to church about a month ago, we totally lost contact and I was pretty sad about it.  We passed quite a few times and she was never home, and she didn't answer our phone calls.  Then last Sunday we went by and she was there!  We shared a message and it was pretty awkward...she just didn't seem the same.  But we set up a rdv with her anyways for this last Thursday, and I half expected her to not be there or to cancel on us...but no...she was there and super excited to see us!  She was completely herself again and she invited us back again on Saturday and even made us teasan (herbal tea).  She prayed, she cried, she was just all around wonderful, just like before!  I had been praying for at least a month that we could get her back...I'm so happy!  I just love her so much!
 
Things are going really well with our other investigators.  Karine and Christoff, our little family, is progressing.  They agreed to do a church tour with us tomorrow, which is a big step because Christoff is scared of churches...I don't think he's ever been inside of one acutally.  Damien is doing well, the other week his mom told us that she woke up the morning of our rdv, and everything was really calm (usually the kids wake her up, yelling/playing)...but no everything was really quiet.  She tiptoed downstairs to find Damien and Ofelie watching "The Restoration" DVD that we had given them the last week...  That really touched me.  It's amazing what we can learn from children!  Damien really wants to get baptized, but we are waiting on his father's permission.  We've been praying a lot for that!
 
This week is looking like it's going to be AWESOME.  I'm so excited.  We have a general authority, Elder Snow, coming to speak to us in Versailles on Friday, and we just have great rdv's set up.  STOKED.
 
Well thank you all for your support, I love you times a million!
 
Also, thanks Natalie for the best skype picture EVER. haha.  I'm printing that one out and putting it on my wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment