Monday, August 18, 2014

Back to Belgium






 
Yes, you read that right, I am going back to Belgium.  History is repeating itself.  But this time instead of finishing my training, I'm finishing Soeur Liabeuf's training.  Instead of heading to Leige, I'm going to Brussels.  And instead of being a young, inexperienced missionary, I'm going into my final transfer as a Sister Training Leader.  The symmetry is pretty neat.  I am beyond excited.  It's going to be an action packed, high speed, big city end to my mission.  I'll be running all over Belgium and Northern France.  I may even get to do exchanges in Liege and Arras... is this seriously real life?  I feel super blessed.  The Lord prepared me for this one.  When I served in Liege I was in Brussels pretty much every other week...exchanges, zone conferences, stake conference etc.  I already have met some of the amis and I know that apartment like my second home.  It's kind of overwhelming, but I have just an awesome sense of peace actually.  I'm pretty humbled by this, but God's helped me out so far, he's not just going to abandon me at the end:) I feel like it's going to be perfect, and it's going to be just beau, quoi.
 
In other news, I am going to be a GRANDMA.  Yep, my darling daughter Soeur Liabeuf is going to be training!!!  I'm so excited for her, she is going to do so great.  Soeur Tupai is also training... seriously she's going to be amazing too.
 
I am really sad to be leaving Arras... I have never loved a place more.  I feel almost like I've had a glimspe into eternity.  Heavenly Father has pushed, stretched and refined me over the last 5 months, and my future will never be the same.  I have learned about Him, and I've learned about me.  I've learned that faith is a REAL POWER that can change the world.  It can knock down the highest walls and collapse the strongest barriers: time, addiction, heartache, unbelief...all is surmountable with faith in Jesus Christ.  And faith cannot be developed until we feel God's love.  Without charity this work is impossible.  We can't do anything.  But with it, we are unstoppable.  I will be forever grateful for my time in Arras.  We've been having miracles up until the last minute.  The Rivierre's are beyond active, Murielle is excited to do her "archeology" (geneology), and Estelle is glowing brighter during each lesson.  Even Soeur Liabeuf's brother and sister-in-law are opening up...  And I just feel so blessed to have been able to see it all happen.  Comme quoi, le Seigner nous connait.
 
It is amazing to look back at where I was when I arrived in Arras and see how much I've progressed.  Yesterday at church two lost, Australian ladies showed up for church and I was able to translate for them... I realized how far I've come in my French.  But the language skills don't really matter, I feel like it was a symbol of just how far I've come on my mission...  I'm excited to take what I've learned and lift and fortify the Soeurs around me.  This is it.  It's go time.  (haha, yes, I'm being a little dramatic, but that's what happens when you're a missionary, haha)
 
Love you all,
 
Soeur Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment