Monday, June 9, 2014

Great reason to rejoice


Hello everyone!  This morning I was reading in Alma 26 the first few verses basically explain my feelings today:

Alma 26
1 And now, these are the words of Ammon to his brethren, which say thus: My brothers and mybrethren, behold I say unto you, how great reason have we to rejoice; for could we havesupposed when we started from the land of Zarahemla that God would have granted unto ussuch great blessings?
 2 And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?
 3 Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in thedarkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God!And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been madeinstruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.
I have been feeling so blessed lately!  I truly feel like I am an instrument in God's hands.  I feel his spirit guiding me, giving me words to say and places to go... it's an amazing feeling.  It's the best feeling.  And speaking of being an instrument, I received this email from my dear Gigh today:
OMG........sister Hilton, i am in tears.. i miss you sooooo muuuucccchhhh.
Thank youuuuuuuu, you and sister Jones basicaly were my everything...
My great daddy God helped me take that one hard step darling, right now he is growing and helping me the 99steps left.
Nothing is easy but i wish i could tell you how much satisfied and peaceful i am inside... nothing can beat it!!
I can't wait to see you and ofcourse it will mean a lot to me if you stay in my life.
I love you to bits...God bless you.
Sis. Gigh

I had emailed her congratulating her on her baptism.  I'm just so grateful that Soeur Johns and I were prompted to turn around from that bus stop so many months ago in Liege.  What a miracle!
Well, things are going great in Arras.  On Saturday evening we went up to Villeneuve D'Ascq for Stake conference and SOEUR KOHLERT was there!  So obviously we had to take a "Three generation" photo.  It should be attached, Soeur Kohlert (my mission mom) is on my left and Soeur Liabeuf (my mission daughter) is on my right.  I think that was the last time I'm going to see Soeur Kohlert as a missionary!  Crazy.  She goes home on August 4th.
This week we saw some really cool miracles.  I'll share a couple.  On Friday the sister training leaders texted us and challenged each equipe to contact 1000 people this transfer.  Other mission leaders have done this challenge before, so my first reaction was...not again!  haha.  Not super positive I know.  But Soeur Liabeuf and I decided to act with faith and start contacting as much as possible.  We had quite a bit of rejection.  But then I saw a lady at a bus stop across the street and I went over and talked to her.  She LOVES Jesus Christ!  And was really excited to talk with us and set up another appointment... I was shocked.  It was almost immediately after we decided to act in faith  Super cool.
Then yesterday we were porting and we knocked on a door.  A man answered and said he wasn't interested.  I asked if he knew anyone that might be interested.  He said...hmm no not really, and definitely not in the neighborhood.  My first thought was, are we wasting our time here?  But we continued on... the next door that opened was a mother named Carole and her two sons Jean-Baptiste and Benjamin.  She said that she wasn't believing and wasn't interested.  At this point they usually close the door and we move on.  But for some reason the door stayed open and the conversation kept going...  I testified about prayer and we had a good chat about faith etc.  At the end I said, can we come by another time?  She said, "whenever you like!"  Miracle.  Thank you Saint-Esprit.  Then we knocked on another door and a young mother and her 4 year old daughter answered.  We asked if she was believing and she said "un petit peu" (a litte bit.)  She said that they were in the middle of dinner, but quickly asked if we could come back another time:) miracle.  We set up a rdv with another family too...  So much for no one being interested in that neighborhood:)  Nothing is impossible because this is His work.

Also, one more experience.  Yesterday we had a ward lunch after stake conference.  Since it was stake conference there were quite a few unfamiliar faces.  I noticed one family however that was speaking English.  I went up to the mother and asked where she was from.  With a huge smile she said, HIGHLAND UTAH.   What?  I'm from Highland Utah!  It was the Quigley family, apparently they are in our stake! (they are in the 4th ward)  They were just in France on vacation. how fun!  It was cool to speak in English, and the ward members were amazed that we were from the same city, the same stake, and that we live just a few roads away, but we'd never seen each other before!  It was fun to talk to them, I even wrote them a little cheat sheet with french phrases and told them some cool places to go see.  It was great!
Well, that's it for this week folks.
Love you!
Soeur Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment