Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Fourth Watch (January 13th)

john 14
24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.
 25 And ain the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
So I'm pretty sure that I just lived a miracle...

People -- God. is. there.  He loves each one of us.  And in the midst of our hardest trials, when the wind is contrary and we feeling like we are drowning, gasping to breath in an waved-tossed sea...somehow through Him, we find strength we didn't know we had, Strength to fight against the storm and come out stronger than we could ever imagine.

I don't want to go into details about what happened this week, but a lot of "waves," a storm that had been brewing for awhile, suddenly engulfed me all at once.  It left me weak, broken and with almost no desire to go on.  (We'll just leave it by saying I had some health issues).  But then this last Thursday at zone conference my mission president pulled me aside, he said, "Soeur Hilton, I almost didn't make the trip up to Belgium today because Soeur Pozananski couldn't come...but I felt that I needed to be here...and now I know that I needed to be here for you."  He said, "God has worked a miracle with your mother and he can do the same for you, you just need to have faith."

I'm still processing what happened next.  That evening, I found strength that wasn't my own and I've never seen so much quality missionary work take place in the shorter half of a week.  Soeur Walker and I's statistics for the week were more than either she or I had ever achieved on our missions...they were higher than many missionaries ever see in this mission.  And what was behind those numbers was some of the most beautiful experiences of my life... The Lord carried me this last week.  I showed forth a small tiny particle of faith, because that was all I could muster...and God took what I gave and in turn he gave me a week I will never forget. 

-telling a beautiful family that they can live together forever--looking Rita in the eyes and assuring her that it is never too late--helping three single mother's not feel so lonely--bringing the spirit with my violin--holding Gigh as she cried--Assuring Soeur De Wale that she will see her husband again-- and many many more beautiful things!  

This is my week in a scripture D&C 133

58 To aprepare the bweak for those things which are coming on the earth, and for the Lord’s errand in the day when the weak shall cconfound the dwise, and the little one become a estrongfnation, and two shall put their tens of thousands to gflight.
 59 And by the weak things of the earth the Lord shall athrash the nations by the power of his Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment